Employment Opportunities - Boiler Tech Service Apprentice
Hourly – $15 and up – depends on electrical and/or combustion background
Potential to become a Qualified Service Technician with aggressive wage structure
An apprentice will be selected based on his or her ability to learn skills, concepts and management protocol. The path of achievement is geared towards obtaining skills, implementing such skills in an emergent environment, and ultimately achieving the ability to work independently as a service technician.
Although experience is considered, work ethic and character are the driving criteria of selection.
- HS Diploma or GED
- Respects safety policy and promotes the safety of self and others.
- High regard for quality and efficiency.
- Physical ability (including vision) to perform required tasks. Able to work in confined spaces.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Strong communication skills.
- Willingness to travel for out-of-town jobs.
- Willingness to work extended hours, varying shifts and emergent work.
- Able to work in pressure situations with little or no supervision.
- Willingness to take responsibility for assigned equipment and inventory.
- Working as part of the crew when your core competency is not required.
- Electrical wiring, a significant advantage
- Ability to work within precise limits or standards of accuracy
- Use logical step-by-step procedures in work; planning, solving problems and decision-making based on quantifiable information
- Ability to read blueprints and other schematics
- Apply shop mathematics to solve problem
- Select proper tools
- Assist in lifting, positioning and securing of material and work pieces during installation
Understanding and experience with the following is a plus:
- Adjustment or setting mechanical controls or components
- Boiler room auxiliary system requirements
- Handling, positioning, raising and lowering of structural shapes, pipe, and equipment in both open and closed or confined spaces.
- Heat Exchangers
- Pressure vessels and boilers
- Threaded fittings and piping
- Tube Removal and Installation
Zuuk is proud to be a US based firm. If you have served in the Armed Forces, we appreciate you and your commitment to our country.