Depends on value to firm (hourly)
Potential to move into supervisor positions
Written Test and Practical Test
Torpedo level, Tape Measure, Tri-square, Ball-peen hammer, Wrap around, Framing square, Pencil, Pipe center finder
- Respects safety policy and promotes the safety for self and others
- High regard for quality and efficiency
- Physical ability (including vision) to perform required tasks
- Able to work in confined spaces
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Strong communication skills
- Willingness to travel for work out-of-town
- Willingness to work extended hours, varying shifts and emergent work
- Able to work in high-pressure situations with little or no supervision
- Willingness to take responsibility for assigned equipment and inventory
- Safe Driver (DMV record must meet the requirements of the Company insurance provider)
- Working as part of the crew when your core competency is not required.
Understanding and experience with:
- Coordination with a job site manager to configure pipe system layout.
- Ordering proper pipes and other materials.
- Selecting type and size of pipe.
- Proper use of measuring equipment, transit, square, and plumb bob, etc.
- Proper use of wedges, turnbuckles, jacks, hammers, cutting torch, file, and power grinder
- Assembling and installing pipe systems, pipe supports, and hydraulic and pneumatic equipment.
- Installation of pipe for steam, hot water, heating, cooling, lubricating, sprinkling, and industrial production and processing systems.
- Cutting, threading, and hammering pipe to specifications, using tools such as saws, cutting torches, and pipe threaders and benders.
- Assembling and securing pipes, tubes, fittings, and related equipment, according to specifications, by welding, brazing, cementing, soldering, and threading joints.
- Attaching pipes to walls, structures and fixtures, such as radiators or tanks, using brackets, clamps, tools or welding equipment.
- Inspecting, examining, and testing installed systems and pipe lines, using pressure gauge, hydrostatic testing, observation, or other methods.
- Measuring and marking pipes for cutting and threading.
- Lay out full scale drawings of pipe systems, supports, and related equipment, following blueprints
- Selecting type and size of pipe, and related materials and equipment, such as supports, hangers, and hydraulic cylinders, according to specifications.
- Bending pipe, using pipe bending tools and pipe bending machine.
- Securing pipes to structure with brackets, clamps, and hangers, using hand tools and power tools.
- Installing and maintaining hydraulic and pneumatic components of machines and equipment, such as pumps and cylinders, using hand tools.
- Repairing cracks and leaks.
Zuuk is proud to be a US based firm. If you have served in the Armed Forces, we appreciate you and your commitment to our country.
 Exceptions may be approved by the hiring officer.