Employment Opportunities - Welders
Depends on value to firm (hourly)
Potential to move into supervisor positions
Written Test and Practical Test
Tig Rig including flow meter for welding and for internal purge, with hose, hand tools, welding shield, gloves, and safety glasses
- Respects safety policy and promotes the safety for self and others
- High regard for quality and efficiency
- Physical ability (including vision) to perform required tasks. Able to work in confined spaces
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Strong communication skills
- Willingness to work extended hours, varying shifts
- Able to work in pressure situations with little or no supervision
- Willingness to take responsibility for assigned equipment and inventory
Understanding and experience with:
- Written welding procedures.
- Ox/fuel Operations (Burning, Brazing and Heating)
- SMAW (Stick) and GTAW (Tig) open-root pipe welding
- FCAW (Flux Core) GMAW (Mig) experience a plus
- Welding in all positions. Required Tig and Stick tests in the 6G position
- Carbon and stainless pipe and tube fabrication
- Various types of welding equipment and welding rods
- Proper use of wedges, turnbuckles, jacks, hammers, cutting torch, file, and power grinder
- Working as a part of the crew when not welding.
Each welder applying for a position with must pass the following weld test:
- The test will be a pipe test on a 2” schedule 80 pipe in the 45 or 6G position. This test will be GTAW (tig) and SMAW. All welding will be in the vertical or up hill direction.
- The welder will be given weld coupons which have been beveled. The welder will be given the correct welding electrodes or filler metal. They are given the option of the size welding electrode 3/32” and or 1/8”.
- The welder is required to prepare the coupons for welding, fit and tack weld the coupons with a gap or root opening sufficient to accomplish a full penetration groove weld from one side. The root weld will be uniform and not exceeding 3/32” for test one and 1/16” for test two.
- Once the tack welds have been made and cleaned we will inspect the coupon for alignment, full fusion of the tack welds. If this is acceptable the welder then completes the root weld. The weld is cleaned and inspected. If this passes the welder completes the coupon. The final weld is inspected. The maximum reinforcement or cap weld shall not exceed 1/8” and must be uniform. Undercutting, slag entrapment, and arc strikes will be reason for rejection.
- Welders shall work in a safe and professional manner. Welding coupons meeting the above requirements will be examined by X-ray and if acceptable to the requirements of ASME Section IX the welder will be considered for employment.
Zuuk is proud to be a US based firm. If you have served in the Armed Forces, we appreciate you and your commitment to our country.